Potential Research Questions
Three potential research questions:
How has ESPN’s use of technology adapted since it’s creation?
How has ESPN used technology to broaden it’s viewership?
How has ESPN adapted in order to keep up with new technological advancements?
I posed all three of these thesis questions to my three current roommates and to my Twitter followers. Because my roommates have different sport backgrounds and two are in the Newhouse School of Communications, I figured they would all have a different approach to this question. I originally assumed that all three would get a vote. Although, I received much different feedback than expected.
The first roommate I asked said he thought the second thesis was the better option. The second roommate believed the third thesis was better. The first final roommate I asked was Phil who is an avid sport watcher and is up to date on most technologies because he is in Newhouse. He was the tie-breaker in my mind which one was the better option. Phil used his major, Television Radio and Film, background to really help. He thought the first thesis I had was awful. Phil believed a combination of the second and third would make an amazing thesis for this project. He offered, “How has ESPN kept up with technological advances in order to broaden it’s viewership?” These was a happy medium that I feel could realistically work for the sake of our class.
When I looked at my Twitter poll, it had twenty six votes. I posted, “Please vote on which you feel would be the most interested thesis.” I put the original three options above. The third option had the majority of the vote. All in all, I had twenty nine people’s opinions and Phil’s option of combining the second and third seemed to be the best idea.
Comments
Post a Comment