What I...


These are the Quaker Oats that I used in order to make myself a meal after practice.  This is very nutritious and helpful for dieting.
This is a key ingredient to my oatmeal and to my diet.  My trainer recommended this so I always try and use it when I can.  
The honey adds extra flavor to the oatmeal.  Just a splash of this will help get some of the other not so pleasant tastes down. 



This was the final product.  The meal is great for a post workout and is very filling.  Some bananas were added to give flavor and make the oatmeal more filling.

After a long practice I finally have a meal that will help me refuel for another long days work.  I will prepare this meal again before my classes the following morning.



Reflection


When you ask the average forty year old person what a selfie is, most will tell you that it is a picture usually taken on a smartphone that has the person capturing the portrait in it.  I believe this is a common misconception about the term selfie.  A selfie can encompass so much more than just a picture.  I believe all forms of social media can be considered to contain selfies.  A small snippet from any account, whether it’s Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, can tell a tremendous amount about the person on the other side of the screen.  For example, a tweet or wall post on Facebook gives followers and friends insight into your everyday life.  In some cases, complete strangers can even see pictures, posts, and stories on Snapchat.  These are the people effected by the extended definition of the term selfie.  Although your friends know what you look like and who you are, strangers might use pieces of your social media such as tweets and post to construct an image of you; not just visually but also of your personality and morals.  This is something all parents and elders have been telling us millennials for years: be careful what you post because future job employers will see this.  One example that we did not mention in class but I think is perfect for the 
concept of selfies with a social conscience Snapchat.  Of course snapchat is most notorious for being the phone application where selfie pictures can be sent back and forth between friends; although, I think their biggest innovation in selfies came when they added stories.  A snapchat story is a picture or video taken by someone that all can view, not just a selected group of people.  In some cases it may just be your friends but in other cases you may have followers who you do not know at all.  These stories can show people where you are, who you are with, and what you are doing. 

Comments