Surveys/Polls/Quizes





I decided to make my own poll for this project and to post it on Twitter where my followers could answer.  The question the poll posed was, “What is your favorite music genre of these”?  The options the poll had included these musical genres: Country, Rock, Hip-hop, and Pop.  My personal favorite genre is Hip-hop so I was curious as to what my peers would claim as theirs.  The poll was active for two hours and drew in a total of forty-five responses.  To my surprise, Hip-hop actually gathered forty percent of the final vote; therefore, Hip-hop had eighteen votes.  Country was a close second with thirty eight percent of the vote giving it a total of seventeen votes.  Both Rock and Pop received five votes and lagged behind in a shared last place spot.  This surprised me because I feel as if most of what is played on the radio for our generation is Pop and Hip-hop.  I was expecting Pop to take the majority of the vote with Hip-hop in a close second.  I also assumed Country would be third and Rock last.  I believe the musical genre you listened to is heavily influenced by your family, how you were raised, where you were raised, and friend influences.  I live a mile from the beach and many people enjoy relaxing to Country music by the ocean.  This is why I assumed it would take third over Rock.  

Comments

  1. Mike, I really liked your medium for collecting your information because I personally love to use twitter. I also found your assertion to be interesting and would be like to see some scientific data to back it up.
    -Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this poll Mike. I'd love to see the results now and and the comments of what people responded. I am not surprised that hip-hop won but I am not a fan. I would also be interested to see what the results would be if you added more genres, I would bet the would vary greatly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment